Monday, March 1, 2010

A leap of faith

Currently listening to : Let Go by frou frou from the Garden State soundtrack

If someone were to ask one of my friends the first thing that comes to mind when they think of me, musically inclined would not be at the top of the list.

The reason I even bring up this point is because the last couple of weeks I've had people come up to me and ask me what I like to listen to and essentially make judgment calls about my character based of off what's on my iPod. 

I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades in the sense that I try to be good and involved with as many different aspects of a media form as possible.  When it comes to music I can't tell you who my favorite band is because I am not devoted to anyone band or performer.  I have preferences just like anybody else but I don't go in and out of my way to see a band perform. 

Some people define their lives around music which is all great and I respect them for that but I am of the boat that music is not my life but an appendage to it.  I'll sit down and listen to one song for hours because it'll reflect something going on in my life right now. 

I've been to a couple of concerts sure. Rap, rock, electronica etc.  I have everything from The beatles to Young Joc on my iPod.  But one thing remains and that is my iPod isn't all that is me.

I make my ipod...not the other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment