Friday, October 1, 2010

Hindsight

To be a senior. I thought it meant being a badass in high school.

Clearly I didn't know much then.

The last six years have probably been the most formative of my life and probably for most of the people I consider friends today.

It's hard not to look back and think "what if?"

As somebody that is constantly thinking about what's going on in the world, I find it very difficult to forget things I swore I would forget.

Things that bothered me in high school still to this day somewhat irk me.

It seems like its always the little things that matter. I also remembered that I am very cliche.

I stumbled upon my high school yearbook. First off it reminded me how much of a goof I was then. Somethings never change I guess.

But the biggest thing was...god damit have I gotten huge since then. It's disgusting.

The only positive thing is that I can now grow a full beard as opposed to my half-assed pubescent one that I was sporting in my senior portrait. Here's a hint: It wasn't pretty. But you already knew that.

This my last year of undergrad, hopefully, and I think it's time to grow up.

Goals for the rest of the year:

1) Get healthy.  I don't wanna be swole, but I'd like to be able to run a 100 meters without dying.

2) Did I mention getting healthy? Oh right..well that again

3) Be serious about the future. It's happening with or without me. Time to shape up and decide what's what.

4) Finish of strong in school. People say its your experience that matters when it comes to getting a job.  That's true, but I don't think having a GPA above a 3.5 hurts either. I want to make that happen.

Four things. Four things I can achieve.

There are no rainy days for me anymore. 

You probably stopped reading after the title.  But that's alright. This is isn't for you.

It's for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment